Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Every new beginning comes....

From some other beginnings end. Our life is changing, for our whole married life we have been Navy. As of Nov. 15, we will no longer be Navy. This is a huge, scary/exciting change for us. When you are military the other military families become your not just your friends but your family and I have been so blessed. A huge Thank you to all of you who have become my family. (Tiffany, Brandy, Michelle, Geneva, Nicci, Gioia, Katie, Shelly, and my newest sisters Shandy and Lacee.) I know that even though the miles separate us our friendships will last forever and you guys mean the world to me. I can not wait to see what the future holds for us. I can not wait to have my husband home and not have to leave for weeks/months at a time. Yet I am nervous at the same time. So much uncertainty. We have know for a while that this could happen, but didn't have much faith that it would and now with Vernon out to sea and only getting home a few days before we don't have a lot of time to prepare or plan. We firmly believe God has a plan for us and have faith that things will work out for us. Good bye Navy, we have some good times and some bad times, but through it all we have learned a lot. Hello civilian world, please be kind.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

My scariest part of leaving the Navy was the insurance! Lilli still got it up until a month ago when Gabe got out, but now I have to PAY to have kids! HA!! You will love it, especially since you are going to Utah, you'll be close to family.

Carolyn said...

Yes, our biggest fear. But we will manage. I have faith :)