Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Kaden speech appointment

Hey all just wanted to give a quick update on Kaden. Today we went back up to Fresno for his speech appointment. It went well, I left feeling like a horrible mom, because well I am sensitive. She said speech wise Kaden is very delayed, lol knew that too. But I didn't know it was as bad as she said it was. She said developmentally he is at under a 1 year old with his speech. She gave us some great ideas and things to try to see if we can get him to communicate with us and also gave us some papers with sign on if so we could learn a bit and try to help him that way. She also is giving us yet ANOTHER referral for occupational therapy because she noticed while we where there that he was trying to get his clothes off an awful lot and she thought that might be due to him not liking touch. She is also sending her recommendations to the school district and they should contact us and tell us if he needs to go to a special preschool or if he will have someone come in a few times a week to our home to work with. I should get a copy of her report in a few weeks and will post anything I may have forgotten. Anyway I will post again tomorrow after we meet with more doctors, not sure exactly what they will be doing tomorrow, but I will keep you posted as much as possible.

0 comments: