Saturday, January 3, 2009

2008 year end review

I am really lazy about posting and I am forcing myself to do this now while it is still fresh in my mind. I will go back and add pictures later.

Jan. 2008- We welcomed our final baby into our Family. Dalton was born on Jan 30th. Daddy wasn't able to be there for the birth so grandma Amy took his place. Vernon was in school to learn a new job for the Navy so we could move to California.

Feb- Both JD and Danica got to take their new baby brother in for show and tell. We were preparing to move to California. We tried to enjoy our last little bit in Hawaii as much as possible.

March- The movers came and packed up our house . JD turned 7, where does the time go???? We got on a plane and headed out on an adventure! California here we come! Hotel living is not so fun! Living in a house with no furniture or car is not much fun either. But we survived.

April- We got settled into our house! Mommies car finally made it from its long voyage from Hawaii. Our furniture made it. The kiddos got settled into school. Finally getting settled in and making friends. YAY us!

May- hmmm nothing too special sticks out in my mind. We were busy getting ready for the kids to be out of school and Grandma Amy and Grandpa Jerry coming to visit and Grandma Sharon and Grandpa Jerry were coming too!

June- I turned 27. Danica graduated kindergarten. School gets out for the summer, but both of my kids went to summer school. (Hawaii schools are VERY behind) Grandma Amy and Grandpa Jerry came for a visit. The brought us a Uhaul full of mommy and daddy's junk. Plus a few other special things. The spoiled the kids rotten. It is so nice having them be a drive away. Yes it is over a 12 hour drive. but it is the closest we have ever been. Grandma Sharon and Grandpa Jerry also came for a visit! Are we spoiled or what!?!They also packed their Car full of stuff for us! They took us to the Sequoia National park and to the Adventure Park! (we can not go to Hanford anymore with out being begged to go there :)) We are so grateful we are able to have our grandmas and grandpas come and see us! Summer here is SO HOT!

July- We watched the fireworks from across the street on the 4th. Danica turned 6. Oh my Goodness it got HOTTER!!!!!!!

August- The kids went back to school and had the most wonderful teachers any parent could ask for! They both loved them from the start! We also started eating breakfast at school. I walk the kids to and from school everyday! GO me!

September- We started the ball rolling with getting Kaden tested for Autism. He had his hearing and speech evaluated. Dalton started crawling. Jd and Danica Both continue to love school and blossom. Vernon and I hit 8 years of marriage. Amazing isn't?!? Who would have thought!?!

October- I start to realize how important having a blog is. I mean where else can I keep track of all of my thoughts pictures and major happenings!?! I LOVE it. I am not a scrapbooker, or a baby booker, or very good at keeping emails, snail mail or phone calls up to date with the latest and greatest. But with my blog I am loving it. Kaden turned 3!!! We also continued with getting him appointments for a diagnosis. Halloween was a lot of fun, The kids were ready to go home before me, that's a new one!

November- We had a nice quiet Thanksgiving. I truly tried to remember all I was grateful for. Dalton started standing on his own.

December- Kaden got diagnosed with Autism. We had a wonderful Christmas. Grandma Amy and Grandpa Jerry and even uncle Clay came out to visit us! December 29 Dalton too his first steps. ( am seriously considering making a little video of it and posting it here for you all to see, but its goes against my nature, but we shall see. need batteries for the camera!) Danica got a MAJOR hair cut and looks so grown up! Vernon turned 27 too!

What a truly AMAZING year we have had! I am so blessed. I can not wait to see what the next year has in store for us! Thank you all for being a part of our life and loving and supporting us!

~The Elrods

0 comments: