Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sometimes

Sometimes your days look like this and you just need a hug.


And other days you feel like this....


But don't worry because soon enough someone will come along and although you may fight it.... you will get the hug you need.


And a friend to lean on or in this case sit on.


And soon your frown will be turned upside down and you can look like this again And By The Way.... I turn 1 tomorrow!!!!

I know its been a while since I last posted. And EVERY day I sit down to write. But lately like the first few pics I have been in a bit of a slump. And I hate when I sit down to write and all that wants to come out is complaints and whining. I know this is my outlet but I am working so hard on remembering all the things that make me happy and not focus on the bad, that there are times when I will be gone for a bit, but never fear I always bounce back! Vernon took leave this past week and it was so nice having him home. We didn't do anything too exciting, just enjoyed being together. We also had two more meetings with the school district on Kaden. We met again with the speech therapist, so she could do her evaluation. We also had the evaluation with the school psychologist...actually there were 3 in there watching him and taking notes. The occupational therapist will be coming next Wednesday and I think the school psychologist will also be coming with him to do her final evaluation with him. They also want us to go to a few of the special ed preschools in the district to see the classrooms and meet the teachers and see how things work so we can decide which one we feel will be the best for Kaden. This part will be hard for me I am not ready for him to go to school. Heck I am not ready when they are 5! But I know this is what is best and what needs to happen for Kaden to get the best start he can. Everyone tells ups how lucky we are because he is active, yet very mellow and easy going and such a happy kid and you can see that he is processing what they are saying and trying to have him do. And we truly are blessed. JD and Danica are still doing great in school and continually surprise me with the insane amount of knowledge they have. The other day Danica came in and asked me what defiant meant. I was like where in the world did you hear that word!?! They are also doing great on learning to help around the house and the value on the dollar (or in their case the quarter)They had a multi cultural day at school yesterday and they got to take in the money they earned (plus a little something from mom and dad) to go to the booths and buy little treats and other things they were selling. They were so happy and proud of themselves. it is great to go into the store and have them be able to buy their own treats and not have to listen to them whine about wants all through the store. Wow, guess I had a lot to say even though I didn't think I did! We love you all! ~Care

0 comments: