Monday, March 2, 2009

Howdy

OK still no new pics...I can not find the cord to charge my camera! So like I said before, Kadens IEP (individual educational plan) went great. They set up some great goals, asked if we had any goals we would like to have them work on. We got to meet the principal of the school he will be attending. We had already met his teacher when we went in for observation of his class. We still have not received the paperwork from the neuropsychologist that initially gave use the autism diagnosis. But the school district did their own testing and while they can not diagnose him they can say he is special needs and shows "autistic tendencies". So as soon as I get a new birth certificate, I turn in his paperwork and withing 48 hours transportation will call and let me know what time they will picking him up in front of my house and dropping him back off at home. I am SO not ready for this. But also feel at peace with it and know with out a doubt that he will do great and learn so much! JD and Danica both earned student of the month for the month of January. YAY! The only disappointment, the teachers didn't send home their usual note saying you child is getting.... I have been there for ALL of the assemblies my kids have gotten the perfect attendance for the month and I missed the big student of the month one. And it was on a Friday so Vernon could have been there too without having to get out of work!! I was so sad. But the kids are really excited they got a certificate for a free kids meal at sizzler. :) Dalton is doing good and still surprises me on his smarts. This morning I was eating goldfish crackers and he kept coming up to me and signing please, it was so cute! We have been working with Kaden on some sign language and all the kids are picking it up and ask for more signs. I am thinking we need to take a class. In other news I am not doing very well on blogging and I found a helper site.....see the new button....Tuesday tell all...so at least every Tuesday I will posting a new blog. They give you and easy topic and you write about it. Fun huh! I am hoping this will help get me into more blogging and more updates. I guess it would help if I could find my camera charger. I hate posting with out new pics of the kids. Guess this has to be all for now, Dalton is wanting to be held. :)

Love you all!
~Care

1 comments:

joeandchelle said...

Good for you! I miss you! I'm glad you are getting the help that you need. Have a beautiful week!