Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Whats going on with us

Hey guys! Been a week or so since I posted, so I thought I should go ahead and update ya'll on whats going on with us these days so here we go, oldest to youngest.

Me~Carolyn~Mom, Today I am starting to....gulp....exercise. Yup, I do not like what I see when I step on the scale, nope nope nope not happy at all. And since there are no more babies for us, there is really no need for all the extra fluff that wasnt worth losing when I was still in the baby making game....TMI, maybe, sorry :) So to further motivate me I will be posting weekly (maybe not so weekly, you know me, I am a slacker)weigh ins and pictures. If I cant see progress I will most likely quit and what better motivation then to announce to the world that I weigh......184, ouch, there I said it. And now I am going to work on making that number smaller. 30 Day shred here I come! Thanks for the work out video idea Tiffany!

Vernon~Dad, Is doing good. On Thursday he will be taking the 1st class test for the Navy. Wish him LUCK! He is still big into collecting C&R rifles and is always finding something new he just has to have. To bad we dont have an endless supply of money so he can collect all he wants :) He is hoping to go hunting this fall and hopefully we will be able to get enough saved for him to go.

Jaron, is going on a FIELD TRIP! The dont do a lot of field trips here, in fact it is like every other year you get to go on one. Ok thats a lie, they do get to go to the high school for the play every year. But thats kinda boring. So this one is a fun one, they are doing a farm day at the local fair grounds. He is also quickly coming up to his 9th birthday! Holy cow! we are half way to 18. How the heck did that happen?!?

Danica, is doing the patriotic program again this year. The first and second grade do it every year. and this year she got a major part. She is going to be the narrator over the whole program. HOLY COW! How cool is that! She is very excited. I on the other hand was hoping to skip the whole thing this year, its the night before spring break and I am hoping to get out of town this year and wanted to leave right after school. HAHAHA but this part is awesome for her so we will wait until the next day to head out. Good Job Nan. She is also looking forward to her birthday and insists on knowing how many days until her birthday at least once a week. Birthdays are a big deal around here I guess.

Kaden, is doing awesome with school. Just wish I could say the same about the bus schedule! I am still fighting with them because I find it unexceptable for him to be on the bus for 2 hours everyday after school. that makes for a 10 hour day for my 4 year old and it makes me sad.Sometimes it feels like all I do is fight for him to get what he deserves. Earlier this week we got a letter saying they were stopping his SSI check and while we can manage just fine without it, it is nice to be able to get extras for him and not feel so tight on the budget.UGGG, such a pain. But he is such a blessing in our home, I will fight till the very end for him! He comes home and is so much more relaxed on school days. We are seeing major improvements. Signing seems to be coming along, we work on the same signs here at home that they work on at school.

Dalton, is doing awesome! Poor guy caught pink eye from Danica earlier this week and had a pretty hard time getting over it. But everything is looking to be on the up and up now. I think he really enjoys being the only one home during the day. He loves to help me while I am cleaning, cooking, feeding and watering the dog. Doesnt seem to matter what I am doing he always wants to be helping. I wish I had known how to calm down and get JD and Danica involved like I do with Dalton. Things just seem to go easier with him. Oh well you live and learn right?

So thats the update for everyone this week. All in all it has been a pretty good week. Seems that every night as we head off to bed, there seems to be a peace about that house that has been missing for a while. Hope it sticks around! I will really try to get pictures up later today. But I wanted to at least get you all up to date while I had a few moments without Dalt needing to help type! Love you ALL!

The Elrods!

p.s. Amazingtogether.blogspot....can I get an invite to your blog? carelrod@gmail.com or can you at least tell me who you are? :) Thanks :)

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

Glad I could help!!! You are the 3rd person who has started the 30 Day Shred since I posted it! I'm so glad you are going to post your "Weigh ins" I hate doing it and it's so motivational to know that people are watching to make sure I progress!!!


LOVE the updates on everyone!!