Monday, December 13, 2010

Well Hello, We are moving!!

First of all an apology. I know a lot of you have probably givin up on me and I understand. I have not wanted to blog at all since the loss of my camera. No pictures= no want to blog. I am hoping either Santa or the tax return fairy will spoil me with a new one.
Second, Lots of changes going on around here. We finally got our new location the Navy feels they need us! We are moving to Norfolk, VA! I have to admit I had my heart set on Washington and we were accepted for Washington orders, but then they changed their mind and felt they didnt have the correct help for Kaden at the hospital so they offered us Norfolk. I admit it, I cried, I threw a fit, I whined and was a big baby about it. But I am over it. I am excited to be close to our east coast family again. I know they are excited to see us too. (east coast family, actually all family and friends please read the post above this, it best explains our situation with our Kaden) We have asked that our belongings be picked up on the 27 of Jan and our final inspection on our house be the 31 of Jan. Then we are off! Woohooo! We are going to try to get across the country as fast as possible. Kaden is not going to enjoy being in the car for days on end. Well who would really? We are making a huge decision with our 2 older kids. I am not sure its what I want. But I am thinking it is for the best. It is looking like they will not be joining us for the trip cross country until school is out for the summer. They will stay with my mom in Utah to finish the school year so they arent missing school for a month or more while we try to get into housing. I am having a hard time with this. My mom is super happy! Vernon is pretty happy too. It will mean more room in my small vehicle, getting the house set up with less kids underfoot. Not worrying about how much school they are missing when JD is already struggling. But still makes me sad to think about. I know my dad and Melanie offered the same thing and we are so grateful, but they would still be missing school for travel time. I dont know what will happen for sure, but that is the plan for the moment. Danica has had a birthday (8) and so has Kaden (5) and Vernon has too (29, wow he is getting old, hahaha) I can not believe how big my kids are getting. The school year has been going on and we have had lots of ups and downs with Kadens school, mostly the busing situation. JD is having a very hard time this year with school. It is so hard to see your kid struggle and not know how to "fix" it. Danica is doing great with school. It seems to be a breeze for her. The difference in the kids is amazing. Dalton is stuck at home and enjoys "mommy school" but cant wait for the day he can go to school like the big kids. Vernon has advanced in pay grade, he is now an AT1 (E-6) and I could not be more proud of him! a Huge Congrats to him he has worked very hard for this and it has finally paid off we can now retire at 20 year if he chooses! (and he will, I will make sure) Hmmm guess thats all for now! Hope everyone is doing well!
~Care

1 comments:

Kristy said...

My mom lived in Norfolk while her dad was in the army! Keep in touch :-)