Monday, April 4, 2011

and I am back once again

Hello blogging world! Did ya miss me? I missed you!!!! Life has been so CRAZY since Christmas, not that, that is any reason to ignore you. Christmas was wonderful and while we had a cold going on we are so fortunate to have family who are so generous with us and spoil us. Thank you! we love you! we miss you! here are a few pix, I will try to find some that aren't already on facebook.




On new years day JD and Danica left with Grandma Amy and Grandpa Jerry. This was an extremely hard decision for our family. JD was struggling with school and at that time we did not know we would be getting housing before Vernon was to check into his new command and we just felt we could not have both JD and Danica missing so much school. And while i miss them terribly I am at peace with our choice and feel that is what was best for them. I don't know how to explain it, but i know there is a reason they are there now, beyond us not wanting them to miss school. I know that is where they need to be right now. But I can NOT wait to be reunited with them!!!!!! I love and miss you guys!!!
After JD and Danica left we worked really hard on fixing up the house in Lemoore getting ready for inspection, movers, and the move across country. We were supposed to leave on Feb 4, but Dalton thought we should make one last stop by the hospital before we left, I will have to pull the picture of him being SO calm there waiting for his stitches off of Vernons phone. It was amazing Dalton has NEVER been calm at the doctor before and now requests to go there anytime he gets a scrape. Think he enjoyed the attention

Finally on the 5th of Feb we started making our way across country. First stop to visit Grandma Sharon and Grandpa Jerry at their winter vacation getaway place. Lake Havasu AZ! Aunt Sandy and Grandpa Jerrys sister Linda made the trip out at the same time. It was so great to see them! Even if Sandy did find us boring! Hahaha Just kidding Sandy, we know it was a late night before :) here are some other pictures we took while there.





These are pictures of the London Bridge, and the park we played at. Looks like a good time huh!?! Well that was just the beginning of the fun. then we had a yummy picnic of KFC. Thats when the bird decided to join us. Kaden and Dalton LOVED chasing around the birds
You would think that that would have been enough fun for the day right? WRONG!!! Kaden (who had been ignoring the lake, finally saw it and made a run for it. Everyone (except his parents) thought he would stop at the water. But mom and dad knew better. He jumped right in and Thankfully Grandpa saved the day and went in after him...it was too chilly for swimming.

Everyone....except grandpa...was laughing till we were crying. Dalton saw all of the joy and wanted to have the spot light on him, he is the baby after all.. so he took off running and off went grandpa to rescue Dalton too. YAY Grandpa! Our hero, our personal life guard! Thank you for again getting your shoes, socks and pants wet to save our little boy!
Our time with Grandma and Grandpa was over way to soon and it was time to get back on the road. I will try not to bore you with too many pictures, for more, they are posted on facebook. but this is what the boys looked like for most of the trip cross country! They are awesome travelers!!!!
After many 8 to 10 hours days in the car we finally made it to Virginia!!! We decided to by pass Virginia Beach for a few days since our house wasnt ready for us, and went and stayed with Grandpa Ed and Grandma Melanie!!!! Those pix are up on facebook too and since those of you who I know read this are also on my facebook, again I wont bore you with the same pictures over. There are also pictures of our new house there. We are slowly but surely settling in. Vernon is LOVING being on the boat and finally feels at home in the Navy. I on the other hand am not taking it so well. I hate the long hours, I hate how far he is from home. I hate that when it is duty day he is gone for a minimum of 36 hours. I hate not having a car. I hate the pay decrease because he has no sea experience. I am pretty much a grump about the whole thing. I know this too shall pass and soon he will deploy and I will hate that even more. SO I try to remember that and find joy in the time that we do have together in the evening and make the most out of the weekends we have together. I still have no idea what the Navy and/or god were thinking when they sent us here. But I am putting all of my faith in him (ok, I am trying really hard to do this, some days I fail horribly). So there you have it folks you are all caught up on what is going on with us. Hopefully now that i have caught back up it wont seem like such a chore and i will stay on top of it. NO PROMISES! Love you all!
~care

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

So excited you're back to blogging!! It seems like it's been forever! I can remember those trips accross county by car. I did it alone once, and then the second time I made my cousin come from Utah and help me! Glad you made it safely!!