Tuesday, December 9, 2008

27 Things I love about Vernon

Today is Vernon's Birthday, so this post is mostly for him, but y'all can read it too. To honor your Birthday I am going to post one thing I love about you for every year you have been alive!

1. I love that you can cook and are willing to do it. I never realized how lucky I am that I have you to fall back on if I am sick or just don't want to make make dinner. But I have learned most husband are not that way, so I am very lucky.

2. I love that you make the kids read YOU bed time stories. And I know they love it too.

3. I love how you worry if I don't call you at work, you call me to make sure everything is OK with me.

4. I love that you call me randomly during the day just to tell me you love me and see how my day is going.

5. I love that you come home to have lunch with me when you can. It helps break up the day and makes me feel special.

6. I love that you at least try my crazy concoctions. I know when I get into a crazy mood and just mix ingredients together is freaks you out a little, but you always try a bite.

7. I love how you always believe in me and know just how much to push me into bettering myself.

8. I love that you are willing to do chores and help around the house. Not only is it such a help to me, but it is also a great example to our kids.

9. I love how when you are referring to one of the kids it is always MY. My Nana girl, My Booger, My KK, My Dalt Dalt. I don't know why I love this so much. But it is very cute.

10. I love that you help with homework time. It helps take a lot of stress off of me and helps it to go much quicker.

11. I love that you go to appointments with me. It shows how much you really care about what is going on in all of our lives.

12. I love your willingness to serve our country. It is a hard job and I am so proud of you!

13. I love that you snuggle me all night. I feel so safe wrapped up in your arms.

14. I love that you are my best friend. You are my Rock. You are always there beside me cheering me on, supporting me, believing in me. Even when I don't.

15. I love that I can be totally honest with you. I never have to hide anything with you. You may get upset, but nothing ever changes your love for me.

16. I love that you hold me while I cry and try to make me feel better. What better way to show your love for a person?

17. I love that you think I am cute when I am mad. (sometimes I act mad and put on my mad face, even though I know you are just teasing me, so you will tell me how cute I look)

18. I love that you go grocery shopping with me. I know its not a fun task, but it is a lot nicer to have you along side me while we shop.

19. And along those same lines, I love that you put your arm around my waist while we are shopping. It helps me feel more secure.

20. I love that you will go to the store and buy anything for me. It doesn't matter what it is from female products to make up to clothes. He can do it all and he does it for me.

21. I love that you are a good daddy to our kids. You take the time to spend with each one of them and help them feel special at just the right times.

22. I love that you are always trying to better yourself, and trying to make things better for our family.

23. I love that you support our family. When the subject of me working has come up, you help me to realize that I need to be home. We may not always have the fun stuff, but you make sure our needs are taken care of.

24. I love that you are not afraid to ask for help or admit that you need me in your life. I need you too :)

25. I love that when we have a disagreement, you cant stay mad at me and do what you can to make things better.

26. I love that you play with the kids. I love to watch you out there playing catch, or tag or just tickle the kids. And I know how much they love that you do that too.

27. And last but not least, I love that you love me. And I hope you know how much I love you. Happy Birthday Sweetie!