Thursday, December 4, 2008

Kids Parent Teacher Conference

Sorry for the delay. It seems someone does not like me having a computer in the house at all. Every time I turn around something bad is happening to my computer. So after I got done with my blog yesterday, Kaden climbed up on my monitor, (I was in the kitchen putting his lunch in the oven) and peed down into it...ok, we have been through this before, call Vernon at work and ask him to please run to the recycling center and grab a thrown away monitor. Vernon came home with one. Problem solved! YAY! Computer is back and everyone is happy. SO I make dinner, get everyone to bed and Vernon is trying to install something, but then decides to go up to bed so I call up to him and ask how to get out of it and he says turn off the computer. So I did which lead to a complete melt down of my computer. So this morning after I got the kids to school I went in search of the system repair cd's. Found them and everything is back up and running. Sort of. Oh and I think in the process of searching for the cds I found my camera cord (praying hard, havent tried it yet) SO yes, the fates do not want me to have a computer. In the past 3 months I have gone through 3 monitors. 2 computer crashes and One ruined (pooped on, who knew poop would completely kill a laptop?) laptop. The Elrods are not supposed to have computers. Hopefully with the occupational therapy Kaden will learn to leave his diaper on and even be able to get potty trained!!!! He had learned to take his diaper off with a onsie on and with his pants on. and can get it off in the blink of and eye. Its not for a lack of my watching, I promise. Anyway, on for better news!
JD and Danica are doing AWESOME in school! They both passed all of their end of trimester tests will little to no problems. They are nice, sweet, polite kids and are a pleasure to have in class. YAY!!!! JD is doing great with his reading and is in the top 2 reading groups for his class and Danica is improving so much everyday with her reading, her teacher was worried at the beginning of the year (we were too) Because she still was not reading. They start reading in K here. But she has caught up and has been moved to a more advanced reading group. All in all it was a great parent teacher conferences for them. I walked out so pleased with my kids. We must be doing something right. OK, off to make lunch. Pray for my computers safety while I am in the kitchen. :D

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

I wish I could say the same about Lilli's PT conferences!