Thursday, December 11, 2008

Little Kaden update

When we had the speech evaluation the set a copy to the school district as well. They forwarded it to the speech therapist at the school. who I met with right before Thanksgiving break. She said she needed to meet with a few people to figure out how best to help with Kaden. So she talk to the school district psychologist and I talked to her today and she wants to start the ball rolling on getting a diagnosis for Kaden with the school district. I dunno I am confused when we have the diagnosis from the neuropsychologist. But whatever we are getting the ball rolling to help Kaden and that is all that matters. So anyway I meet with her tomorrow and sign a bunch of agreements (to Kaden being tested, and them getting the info from CVRC) They said it was good that we already have the diagnosis, but this doctor takes forever to get the paperwork to you and we dont want to slow anything down so we are moving forward with it this way atleast he will be getting into the school system......mommy is having a hard time with it, she thinks her kids should be home with her till they are 5. But I want to give him every chance to succeed. Anyway, that is the latest and greatest from our house.

Oh wait one more quick cute thing. The other day Danica came home crying because she was having to go back to her classroom for reading (she had just moved up last month from being in her class, to a higher level) So I asked her if she wanted me to talk to her teacher and she what was going on because I had just gotten so much praise on how quickly she was picking up reading. She said no she didn't want me to go and talk to her. We get home and I am looking through her paperwork and find one of her reading pages and it says Danica is moving up to the next level. I guess every class has 2 teachers for reading and so yes she was going back to her class but going up ANOTHER level!!!! YAY! I am so proud!!! They tried to get me to hold her back in K again because they were not reading in Hawaii and when we got here they were already reading. SO while she maybe sad (the other teacher has a better treasure box, LOL)
I am bursting with pride. She is doing so well.

Love you all!
~Care

0 comments: